How to open a bank account in Switzerland? It is easy to open a bank account in Switzerland to serve individuals, but the identity of the person must be proven. Swiss banks are obliged to verify the identity of the customer by requesting many documents and documents proving the identity of the person, and this is for non-residents in Switzerland, where their identity card is verified by mail by submitting certified copies serve.
Is it difficult to open a bank account in Switzerland?
But it has become difficult to open an account in Swiss banks, especially for American citizens living in the Confederacy, because there are many issues regarding tax evasion.
However, there are many Swiss banks that allow non-residents to open accounts in Switzerland, although this requires additional administrative procedures.
How to open a bank account for non-residents in Switzerland?
Swiss banks only allow a savings account because banks in Switzerland have restrictions on non-residents of the country compared to what is imposed on the bank account of people officially residing in Switzerland.
However, if access to Switzerland is through a tourist visa, the person has the right to obtain a debit card that allows him to withdraw the money in the personal account, as well as the availability of a number of online banking services for non- inhabitants of the country. As for the checkbook, it is not allowed for non-residents in Switzerland. Switzerland, where the cost of managing the account varies only between ten and twenty dollars.
Reasons why people with money prefer Swiss banks
Swiss banks are distinguished from other countries in the world by their systems of confidentiality regarding accounts, which protect the information of the customer and do not interfere in his private affairs, and it also prohibits the disclosure of any existing account without the consent of the customer.
Can create accounts with fake names
Secret accounts in Swiss banks can be created with pseudonyms or fictitious, or by replacing the names with secret numbers known only to the account holder.
Switzerland enjoys stability and political neutrality
Swiss banks are characterized by respect for the most important standards of neutrality in general in various disputes, as they adhere to the traditions of the state and enjoy political, economic and social stability.
Swiss bank brokerage
- Swiss banks contain a grievance committee for their banks, and this body is located in the city of Zurich, which investigates complaints in cases of disputes and conflicts between banks and their customers, and offers many solutions.
- The most important procedures required for a bank statement for non-residents in Switzerland
- It is necessary for the person to be eligible to have a bank account in the country.
- Swiss banks require the account holder to be verified before completing the registration process to maintain the integrity of the bank’s money and prevent illegal money from being saved from illegal activities.
- Actions have also intensified following the campaigns launched by the US Department of Justice against tax evasion for fear of legal punishment.
- It is noteworthy that the application to open a bank account in Switzerland is rejected, regardless of the source of income or nationality in the event that the person is political and in danger, participated in a scandal or a suspect reputation has.
- Disclosure of any customer information is also a criminal offense punishable under Swiss law. In this article we learned how to open a bank account for non-residents of the country.